Thursday, November 30, 2006

crossing the finish line



Wow, I can not begin to tell you what an incredible day today is! Being a creative type person as I am, one thing I sometimes struggle with is completing a project. Today is a winning day! I have completed a monster project; while sitting in my local library, I have crossed the finish line of writing my 50,000 words.

The last 30 days have been some of the most incredible soul searching moments that I have endured. Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me to write. Thank you to my wife who gave me space to say the things I wanted to say from the secret closets of my soul. I don't have any expectations of what will come of this writing but I will never forget it.

Next Monday night, December 4 at 6pm, there will be a celebration party for the National Novel Writers of Tallahassee at the Grand Opening of The Coffee Pub, a non-profit coffee house on the corner of Thomasville and 5th st. I can't wait to meet up with my fellow writers and share in the celebration. I look forward to listening with my whole heart to the excerpts that will be shared that night.

Writers Rock! I join a long list of ancient travelers who have recorded many Adventures Along the Great Trail. Hmmm, that would be a good title for a book.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michael....I tried twice to leave a congratulatory comment on your latest accomplishment, but it didn't take, so I'll tell you right here and now, I am so proud of you!! You're this family's "Ironman Triathlete" for sure...Husband, Father, Writer!! I can't imagine sitting still long enough to accomplish 1,000 words in a month. Side note: just how many pages is that anyway?

Luv ya' son,
ma-in-law

Darla said...

here momma... i did it for you! i copied and pasted your email. hope that was okay.

michael - i am so amazed by you... you have been so disciplened and focused this past month. the month as flown by, hasn't it? i hope we can continue to get this determined toward many other areas in our life. you are an inspiration.... i hope we can both celebrate at the party together on monday... now just praying for a babysitter! :-)

Darla said...

okay... so i can't spell disciplined (is that even right)?? ha ha.... i think you're rubbing off on me... who is going to proofread and edit your novel anyhow????

mdwinn said...

hey ma-in-law.

it looks like about 86 pages on 8x11, so in book format that would be about 170 pages or so.

now i am trying to select the part i am going to share on monday night.

mdwinn said...

babe, you know you are the only one who can be my editor. who else could understand my third grade english and punctuation?!:.,

CRASH-CANDY said...

YEAH Michael!!!

I am sooo happy for you! I am so excited for you to have completed this project! YOU ROCK!
Enjoy the celebration!