Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mending the broken and shattered

Yesterday was truly a Real Zoo kind of day; I say that because on 3 separate accounts I was privileged to be trusted with 3 soul level conversations. Dealing with doubt, fear, and insecurities, I found myself in the middle of real life stories. Being trusted with the intimate yet broken details of some of my close friends is a great honor one that I do not take lightly. My hope is that maybe by speaking out their doubts and fears they are somehow following through in what the healing Spirit of Yahweh is bringing them through. Engaging one another at this close heart felt level, I believe is the scent of real community the kind that transcends the pseudo-community we have accepted as the norm but leaves us feeling empty and alone.

I wonder what the writer of James was getting at when he penned these words:
“Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed.” Maybe my catholic brothers and sisters were on to something in the ideal of confession, but maybe it goes further in that we are all called to listen and to speak the difficult words from our souls to one another so that we might not me separated from the Way of Life that was completely fulfilled in the life of the Man from Nazareth.

So to my brothers and sisters who might be reading these words, may you find yourself emerged in the mending process of the broken and shattered pieces of your life and in the lives of the people of the world around you that we may all know the healing name of the One True God.

2 comments:

Darla said...

i can't believe those words are in the Bible.... live together whole and healed.... so it IS possible! :) and i thought you were living in this fantasy idealistic dream! i'm with you, michael... i really am. i think i came one step closer two weekends ago, and one step closer yet yesterday... thank you for loving me

Anonymous said...

Amen!