Friday, November 18, 2005

who am I missing?

I have often thought that there is something missing in my life. It is one of those things like a vacuum in a place where you know there should be something of great value that extends beyond temporal satisfaction. Over the last few months Darla and I have been searching for what seems to be eluding us – relational community. Is it possible that it could be right there in front of me? Is there someone or a group of people that are so desperate to hear our stories and for us to know theirs yet I have neglected them or looked right passed them? How can I be so short sighted? In looking for souls to connect with I have failed to see the love in their tender hearts?

Why is it that I am brought to this same frame of mind once every couple of months? Oh that my heart would be changed to think of them everyday in ways that they become the real community that I am intricately woven into with my heart, soul, and strength. Praise be to God that I have not had to lose one of them to come to this place of sensitivity and awareness that they are my first community, my precious ones, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh, the ones that call me daddy.

2 comments:

kingsjoy said...

Yeah. Maybe we should practice being the church with our kids first before we ever try it on other people.

You've probably seen (as I have) too many examples of "ministers" neglecting their own families to "shepherd their flocks."

What a blessed opportunity to learn of God's love through our little ones.

CMD said...

sounds like a great way to start thanksgiving week...i'm thankful for your family, too.