Tuesday, April 03, 2007

what's in it for me?



day one - Chesed of Chesed:


"LovingKindness in Lovingkindness. Love is the single most powerful and necessary component in life. It is both giving and receiving. Love allows us to reach above and beyond ourselves, to experience another person and to allow that person to experience us. It is the tool by which we learn to experience the highest reality – God.
Examine the love aspect of your love. Ask yourself:

What is my capacity to love another person?

Do I have problems with giving?

Am I stingy or selfish?

Is it difficult for me to let someone else into my life?

Am I afraid of my vulnerability, of opening up and getting hurt?"
questions posed by Simon Jacobson

i think the question for me is, can i give without wanting a "thank you" or "boy, you did a great job?" those things are fine by themselves, but sometimes it seems like my motivations are driven by the need to have those "atta-boys." i think this year God has been working with me in this area. giving, wanting nothing else in return, that is a character of Yeshua. when i think about it, giving in any other way seems so burdensome and heavy. this word "chesed" brings a new dimension to the word freedom; freedom to give out of knowing who i am, not dependent on external forces or compliments.


No comments: