Sunday, February 12, 2006

the creative spirit breaks through

Thank you to those of you who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers this week. I have been going through a difficult time. I haven't really been able to put my finger on it until I spoke with my mom tonight. Her comments and insight was spot on. This week at work I have been engaged in the implementation process of a client relations program. This was training week. I guess on one level for me it was somewhat mundane because I have been training on this for months. There is very little room for creativity during this stage. My mom explained that implementation can be the opposite of creativity in certain aspects.

When she said it that way I remembered reading this week in Heaven is not my Home by Paul Marshall. He said something along the lines of when we as created beings are being creative we are reflecting the "Imago Dei." So if that is true then the opposite of that has implications. If I am not being creative it strikes against the core of who I am. Darla continues to encourage me to make the most of the relationships as I go through these training exercises. She is right, I find myself all business when it comes to training. Ughh! I hate that part of corporate world. I pray these next few days I will be able to take each individual conversation as a opportunity of divine intervention and to seek to be creative at any chance I get.

This weekend I brought an old version of Photoshop 5.5 home and installed it on our PC. It has been a real outlet for creativity. I made a "winn people" collage as well as some graphic links for theRealZoo site under the "others on the journey" page. It was very therapeutic.

Thanks again for my brothers and sisters who are helping my family along this journey of faith. May we one day come face to face and greet each other in true fellowship. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kingsjoy said...

Thank God for Mom, huh?

I so feel ya on the creativity thing. We have that aspect of God in us...we stagnate some when it's not "flowing".

May we one day come face to face and greet each other in true fellowship. I'll try you by telephone again some time soon--or feel free to give me a call.

kingsjoy said...

BTW, your website is looking really good.

mdwinn said...

Hey there, I got your VM late last night. I will try to give you a call this week. Sorry I missed your call.

Self-taught HTML is very slow, it's like learning a whole new language.

kingsjoy said...

Yeah, I'm ever-so-slowly learning HTML too.