Wednesday, February 01, 2006

kindled life

Something is changing…moving…lifting. I feel the tide is shifting in the deepest part of my soul. Purpose is beginning to emerge from the goo. I have been in such a state of blah. Boredom and restlessness have been my companions these last weeks. Ha! But no longer will I play their silly little games. I think this morning I realized that I have not been alone. God was not taken by surprise of the events of late. Hmmmm, God was in this place and I, i did not know. It is the Jacob journey, traveling from one place to the next, being fully present in the moment I am in and finding fulfillment there. Sometimes the promise of what is to come can be so distracting from what is right here in front of me. Oh that I might remain still long enough to hear the whispers of life. There is still a fire shut up in my belly. I am alive.

2 comments:

kingsjoy said...

I'm rejoicing with you!

GoteeMan said...

Michael -

This is incredible. God has brought us to much the same place - being fully present in the present. Just like God is I AM, not I WAS or I WILL BE... We ARE...

Along those lines, have you seen a video called "What the bleep do we know?". Interesting stuff. More info on it at:
www.whatthebleep.com

Jeff