Tuesday, February 14, 2006

love take the wheel


What a glorious day today. There’s nothing like walking out to a frigid 27 degree morning to find a warm and beautiful note from my beloved placed on the steering wheel of my car. As I read the card, the words “sharer of my dreams” and “best friend” find there way home to an unexpected place in my heart.

Funny enough Darla and I have been talking recently of opening the doors to a community house, where people may come and enjoy a cup of java for loose change while embraced by a welcome and creative atmosphere. Dreamers we are, that one day we will find ourselves serving our community while enjoying the intimate fellowship of one another.

My hope today, it that the spirit of love, my best friend, will steer the direction of my thoughts and deeds for endless days to come. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kingsjoy said...

I was given a card today with those words, best friend. This has always been important in our marriage, and I believe it is growing more important as we go along.

Thursday will begin our tenth year together in marriage!

rob said...

It's great you have a good relationship with Darla...the community you're longing for will be an extention of that.


Call me if you're coming into town...I'm not always there at the Corner.

Darla said...

congratulations david on 10 years! michael and i will be 13 this year... but have been together 17!!

i love your comment, rob.... the community you're longing for will be an extension of that... yes, i believe this with all my heart! thanks for your wisdom.

oh, and baby, i LOVE YOU!!!!!

GoteeMan said...

I believe that is truly one of the most important things - for your beloved to also be your best friend... For Kim and I, this year will be 15, and we have known each other for 18 now. I am so blessed that she is my best friend, confidant, companion, lover - and so much more. The longer we go, the deeper we grow...
There is no longer room for selfishness, demaning our own way, competition, jockying for position, or any of the "old clutter" in our relationship. We simply are deeply in love... and I am very blessed.

Jeff