Tuesday, February 21, 2006

where does one begin?

What happens when two forms of living energy connect? Is it merely physical? Is there a deeper impact that generates life on the internal that manifests itself to the external world? What is connected that may have once been broken?

“You've captured my heart, dear friend.You looked at me, and I fell in love.One look my way and I was hopelessly in love!

Your beauty is too much for me--I'm in over my head.I'm not used to this! I can't take it in.

Your eyes are wells of light, deep with mystery.

Love is invincible facing danger and death. Passion laughs at the terrors of hell. The fire of love stops at nothing--it sweeps everything before it.” Quotes from the Songs of Solomon

And the two shall become one…

Can the world contain the power from Oneness? What can stand against One? If given to my surface man I would not share my One with another. Should I give into that temptation my One would be reduced to only what I can contain. But should I release my One to another, then my One would become larger than it was within me. The multiplication would confound the mathematicians and realist. The power of One is visible to the eyes of those who hope to see what is not visible but that can be known. Once you see it you’ll never be the same again. All of your desires, all of your thoughts, will be of one thing…becoming one.

“I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so that they may be one as we are one.” Jesus praying to the One Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Darla said...

"Love is invincible facing danger and death. Passion laughs at the terrors of hell. The fire of love stops at nothing--it sweeps everything before it." wow - love wins! i love this verse. amazing. i love you. i love God. i love our life together. i can't believe that i am married to my best friend. i can't believe that we get to share this life together. yes, love wins. love wins indeed.

RJ said...

what church do you attend in Tally?

mdwinn said...

Darla- you are my suitable helper. Thank you for sharing with me the secret part of you that holds it all together. One Love.

mdwinn said...

Wow, what a great question. The closest relationship to that question would be our sense of inwards-outwards-and-withwards with the people of Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, and the people of Eastgate Fellowship in Panama City, the families in our neighborhood, our friends at the Leon County Library, and our blog-friends at theRealZoo, but that is still a limited perspective.

I guess to answer your question directly, we are not attending a church building in Tallahassee, but we are wrestling with the scope of that question to the core of our being. Our hope is that we are truly exploring what it means to be “on earth as it is in Heaven” within every aspect of our daily lives. Stumbling along the way, we are searching for how we express Jesus to one another and then to the rest of the world around us.

Sorry for the long winded response, but thank you for giving me room to share our story or as someone wrote “the story we find ourselves in.”