Saturday, June 03, 2006

letting go of yesterday


Another page of the Abrahamic journey... Step one sell all your possesions. The difficult thing about this step is remembering all the amazing things God has done in the midst of us from this house. Many tender hearts have come through the doors of this house and into our lives to reveal the Great Restoration Project among us.

I have to remind myself that things are only things and that it is through people that the Divine weaves his healing dreams.

I knew the day that Chris painted the trim on the house, that one day soon we would be selling this house. I am so thankful for his act of giving to our family. His wife and family were a refuge house for us when we were wounded from the accident. Even though we are not as close as we used to be, I know that their friendship was a gift. May they know the reward for their tender care.

From family and friends to the youth we have served, we have seen so many lives transformed on the floor of our living room. I pray that this house would continue to be used to meet people where they are and help them find hope in tomorrow.

Although it is hard to say goodbye, we cannot stay here and at the same time go to the place that the One who holds all things together is leading us. May everyone who reads this story find themselves thinking towards the courage to take whatever step of faith you may sense tugging on your heart. May you know the peace of the One who is bringing all things back to the way they were originally intended to be. Amen.

3 comments:

kingsjoy said...

The real estate side of me says:

Your property has great curb appeal, and should sell easily.

...

We have prayed similar prayers over houses we have left before, that God would bless the new owners as He did us. Who knows? We could be reaping blessings from the prayers of previous owners.

aloha

Anonymous said...

I love that house and all that God has down in it. I can remember the most memorable and meaningful communion I have ever taken was in that house. I often cry thinking about how my heart came alive that night and what it has meant for me since.

We are pumped to see how God continues to work and move in your lives. Keep on chasing Him...

CMD said...

thanks for the kind words...the house really does look good...this post is bittersweet, just sorry i missed it until today