Friday, June 09, 2006

missing the best part of me


The last two days Darla has been in PC with her parents and the girls so I have been home alone. Locked in our bedroom, I try to go to sleep without being startled by the littlest creek and pop. “It is not good for man to be alone,” it’s the ancient word. How true it is. I am not “good,” when I am alone. Good meaning balanced. These last couple of days I felt like I haven’t been in my right mind. Just off balance. I realize this morning as I read Proverbs 31, how incredible is it to have a wife who fears the LORD.


A good woman is hard to find, and worth more than diamonds.

She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.

She’s skilled in the crafts of the home and health, diligent in homemaking.

She’s quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor.

She makes her own clothing, and dresses in colorful linens and silks.

These are just a couple of characters of the one I call love. You are my wife!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So right. Who can charge that God does not exist when they have felt the absolutely unexplainable spiritual connection between husband and wife?

GoteeMan said...

Michael -

So few men understand and appreciate the heart of the women in their lives. I believe we are fortunate, indeed, to have that insight, and I believe only God can give that to us... to live with them with understanding...

In "Wild at Heart", by John Eldredge, he has an incredible chapter about the way God designed husbands and wives to live together and function as one...

God bless you both, and draw you deeper in love with each other and with Him...

Jeff

Anonymous said...

yes. what a gift to have good wives.

Darla said...

i love that you love me.....